- 6-8 shank ,chunks or meaty soup bones
- 1/3Cup flour seasoned with salt and Pepper (about 1/2 tsp each)
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 med onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stocks, finely chopped
- 1 lg carrot, finely chopped
- 1 lg glass of white wine, (about 1 1/2cups)
- 2 Cups, chicken stock
- Toss shanks in a bag with flour. Heat butter and oil in an x-lg skillet, cook shanks till browned on both sides.
- Remove shanks and set aside, add veggies to pan and cook till softened, return shanks to pan and slowly pour wine over and allow to bubble and reduce in half.
- add stock, once it returns to a simmer cook for 2 hours, turning meat halfway through.
- serve with rice, risotto, potatoes, or pasta
Prep time: 25mins + 2 hours cook
Note* this meal is extremely filling and satisfying gets you lots of good fats, a little goes a long ways