Tasty Spinach Lasagna
- 2#s ground beef
- 1 (28oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp sea salt,
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 8ozs cream cheese, softened
- 24oz cottage cheese
- 2 med eggs
- 2 (16oz) bags, organic frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 1/2 C mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 C parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef in large skillet, then add spices and crushed tomato.
- Combine cream cheese, cottage cheese, and eggs in food processor or blender til creamy.
- put one bag of spinach in sieve or colander and press out extra liquid with hand.
- layer 1/2 meat mixture in bottom of a 9x13 pan, layer 1/2 cream mixture on next, and then the pressed spinach. repeat layers once more.
- Top pan with mozzarella and then parmesan.
- Bake for 35mins and broil for 2-3 mins to give the cheese a beautiful golden color.
Prep time: 20mins
Note* this sometimes bubbles over so I put a cookie sheet with parchment paper on the rack below the pan to catch drips.