- 2 (1 1/2lb) bags frozen fries, hand cut
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 lg onions, sliced
- 2 (8-10oz) pkgs of baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1- 1 1/2 #s ground beef (I used 1 1/2)
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/4 C White Flour
- 1 C hot water
- 3 TBSP Tomato Paste
- 1-2 cups shredded cheese of choice (Cheddar or Mozzarella)
- Preheat oven to 425 and bake fries in a single layer on cookie sheets for 25 mins (rotating pans half way through).
- In an x-large skillet melt butter and onions and cook for about 5 mins, add mushrooms and cook another 2 mins.
- Make a well in the center and brown the ground beef, salt and pepper to taste.
- Make another small well and add the 1/2 stick of butter and once melted stir in the flour until well mixed. add the water and tomato paste.
- Stir and allow gravy to thicken.
- To serve layer 1/2 of fries, 1/2 of gravy, and 1/2 of cheese and repeat the layers once more. (you can layer these on individual plates or on a large glass serving platter)
Prep Time: 25mins
Note* I have made this by cutting up 6-8 baking potatoes and mixing them with oil before cooking them on cookie sheets, if you prefer to make it all from scratch.