Bacon and onion smothered Beef Liver
- 6-8 slices of bacon
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 lg onions, sliced
- 5-6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1# grass fed beef liver, sliced into 4" slabs
- salt and pepper, 1/2-1 tsp each
- Cook bacon in large skillet, and set aside.
- add butter, onions, and garlic to bacon grease and suatee till golden brown. remove from skillet and put in glass bowl in the oven on warm.
- in the butter and grease, cook liver for 2-3 mins on each side, once nice and brown, let rest on a cutting board for a min.
- chop bacon into bite size pieces and add to onions
- chop liver into bite size pieces and add to onions as well.
- serve on a buttered piece of toast. ( or over rice, noodles, baked potatoe, or have it in a tortilla or plain)
Serves : 4-6 servings (very rich so a little goes a long ways)
Prep time: 35mins
Note* you could also add peppers and mushrooms to the onions and garlic to give this meal even more flavor.
Also* not a fan of liver? me either, but this is the best recipe for liver that I have tried yet. Liver is so good for you, it is worth the effort.