Summer Squash Casserole
- 2#s ground beef
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 lg summer squash, quatered and sliced
- 1 lg tomato, chopped
- 2 cups Sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded.
- 2tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- sour cream
- fresh basil, finely chopped
- In an extra large skillet melt butter over med- high heat and then cook summer squash and tomato in heated butter for about 8 mins.
- In a seperate skillet brown the ground beef, once finished cooking add to squash pan.
- Add spices and cook another minute, then top with cheese and let melt on top,
- Top each plate with sour cream and some fresh basil.
Prep time: 25 mins
Note* This is a great recipe to use as a guide, substitute the veggies for Zucchini, eggplant, and corn for another tasty meal.