- 10 bell peppers, whole (I use green)
- 2#s ground beef
- 2 Cups uncooked white rice
- 4 Tbsp Tomato paste
- 5 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2- 1 tsp each: ground allspice, ground ginger, nutmeg, salt & pepper
- 3-4 Cups hot water
- 2 Tbsp Tomato paste
- 3 Tbsp Lemon juice
Garlic Butter for topping:
- 1 stick butter
- 5-6 garlic cloves, minced
- cut off tops of peppers and remove all seeds.
- In a medium sized bowl use your hands to combing filling and stuff it into peppers.
- place the stuffed peppers into pot(s) or x-large skillet (s) whichever fits them standing upright.
- mix together cooking liquids and slowly pour over and around bell peppers.
- cover and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and let cook for 55mins.
- when peppers are almost done, melt butter in a small skillet and add garlic let cook about a minute.
- serve stuffed peppers on a plate with garlic butter and top with plain yogurt.
Prep time: 15-20 mins + 55 mins cook time
Serves: 6-8 (depending on how big of eaters you are feeding, most kids and ladies only eat one)