Meat and Potato Quiche
- 3 C. coarsly shredded raw potato
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1# ground beef
- 1 med onion, diced
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 cup evaporated or rich milk (part cream)
- 2 lg eggs
- 1 C Cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 425, in a 9" pie pan combine shredded potato and oil and salt and pepper to liking. Bake for 15-20 mins till starting to brown.
- while it's baking cook onion in a sauce pan in heated butter till soft, add ground beef and brown. layer on potato crust when it's done.
- in a mixing bowl whisk together milk and eggs, then pour over meat.
- top with cheese and return to oven for about 30 mins
Note* This is an easy recipe to double and make in a 9x13 pan and it is also great as a freezer meal.