Hearty Green Bean Skillet
- 3 slices Bacon
- 2#s Ground Beef
- 2#s xtra fine Green Beans
- 2 (6.5oz) cans Mushrooms
- 1 stick Butter
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 cup sour cream or yogurt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- In an extra large skillet or dutch oven, melt butter over med-high heat, add green beans and cook for about 8 mins
- In a large skillet cook bacon and set aside, in the grease brown ground beef and add spices, once browned add to green beans.
- stir together mayo and sour cream, pour over beans and meat.
- add bacon in little pieces to bean dish.
- simmer for a couple minutes, top with cheese and allow to melt over top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Prep time: 25 mins
Note* you don't have to use extra fine green beans, they are just my preference. if you use thicker ones you will probably need to add more cook time.
Also* you can use frozen beans, just defrost before cooking them.