- 4-6 TBSP Butter or bacon grease
- 1 lg onion, chopped
- 1 16oz bag frozen corn
- 2#'s Ground Beef
- 2 cups Rice cooked (1 C uncooked)
- 1 15.5 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-2 lg Tomatoes, diced
- cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- In an xtra large skillet or dutch oven heat fat of choice over med-high heat. Cook the onion till starting to brown slightly.
- Add corn and 1 tsp paprika, salt and pepper. cook for another minute.
- make a well in center of pan & cook ground beef till browned, add beans, tomato, and cooked rice.
- add spices: 2 tsp Chili powder, 1 tsp Cumin, 1 tsp Italian Seasoning, 1 tsp Garlic powder. stir well.
- Serve each plate topped with cheese, sour cream and salsa (optional)
Prep Time: 30 mins
Note* this recipe is also great served in a tortilla as a burrito or on a plate of lettuce.
Also* it is super easy to double the rice, and veggies to make it go even farther.